Guidance needed: Power transmission and management concepts

Discussion in 'Electrical Forum discussion & Blog' started by dad82, Sep 13, 2007.

1. dad82

dad82 New Member

Dear All,

I would appreciate if some one could help me to find a book that can help me understand power transmission and power management concepts. Specifically, I am looking for concepts such as, what is an interchange, area control error and its related terminology (e.g. area frequency bias settings, area time error bias settings, etc.), what is dispatcher, etc. If I could get an online resource for reference, even that would be great.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

dad82
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

You are talking Master's Degree Electrical Engineering subject matter, and want a 5 minute quickie on the internet........from a group of plumbers!!!

Frankly, if you can't figure out how to google this and find whatever the internet probably does have to offer, you shouldn't be asking this kind of question, because you are way over your head.

Sorry, but you caught me in one of those moods.
  3. Livin4Real

Livin4Real New Member

4. Bob NH

Bob NH In the Trades

Are you prepping for a PE exam?

Go to www.mikeholt.com and sign up. There are some people there who can help you or at least point you in the right direction.

They do not answer DIY questions for non-pros, but I think your question will be accepted.
  5. snafflekid

snafflekid Electrical Engineer

HA HA I think he is attempting a DIY interstate power grid!

don't get shocked
  6. HandyHarry

HandyHarry New Member

Studying for a NERC exam? I was just certified for NERC and have all sorts of resorces at my disposal. PM me for some....

Harry