GU10 type bulb dimmer

Discussion in 'Electrical Forum discussion & Blog' started by ddagsyn, Sep 27, 2007.

1. ddagsyn

ddagsyn New Member

Can the GU10 type light bulb be used with a dimmer
    Thanks
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

3. The other thing about the GU-10 bulb type that come in line voltage and low voltage but here a catch i am sure most will know this but i will remind again with low votlage system make sure you have the right low voltage dimmer they come in magantic and electronic verison.

just a head up with this.

Merci, Marc
  4. ddagsyn

ddagsyn New Member

thank you guys. One more question if the light I need to dim is on a 3 way switch which end can I connect a dimmer to?

Thanks
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

dimmer

Either end will dim the bulb, put it where it will be most convenient to use it.
  6. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Architect

They do make three-way dimmers.

And, given the right budget and equipment, almost any lamp can be dimmed. This includes arc lamps and flourescent lamps. Flourescent lamp dimmers can now get down to 10%. It's pretty cool to see a 4' tube just barely glowing...
  7. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

In a 3-way, be sure to get a dimmer designed as a 3 way. Otherwise, one the other switch wil just give you on/off/.