Grunfos CU 301 wiring

Users who are viewing this thread

Bob Sorel

Reaction score
I'm installing a new Grundfos SQE pump system at my home. I've installed several pumps and controls previously, but that's basically my hillbilly plumbing and no problem, this thing is very high tech so I have a simple and maybe dumb question. The system is 220v. The wiring diagram shows the power hookup to the two terminals as power and neutral and one to PE (protected earth). Now if I hook up power and neutral I'll only get 120v of course, so I'm assuming the power terminals must be for the two power legs. Is this so? The PE is for ground, yes? This things too expensive to make a blunder and fry it. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

bcpumpguy

Reaction score
PE is Ground, supply the two terminals with 220v. Don't worry about frying it, it will do that all by itself.

Bob Sorel

Reaction score
Yep, I've read all the issues with these. I bought this a few years ago on the bay and it seemed like an excellent concept and I've had good experiences with other Grundfos products such as circulator pumps. Of course there are many folks that have no trouble at all with these units like the fellow that's been using one since 2002 with no issues, but we hear from those that do. Had I read this site I would likely have stuck with Myers predators which I use in my other wells. I wanted constant pressure so that I could use a fire hose on the system as I live in a dead end canyon in a forest in So. Cal and it pumps 22gpm. I'm beginning to believe that all these high tech gizmos are problematic as my Paloma tankless is now again shutting down without giving hot water after I shut off the water for a time to work on the plumbing. They are all so complex that even repair people seem to have a hard time diagnosing problems. I ussed to use the old, simple, non electric palomas for years with little hassle and always was able to repair them. At least I can switch to a simple pressure switch or CSV if it fails.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks