Grunfos Comfort Recirculating Pump Causing Loud Clicking in Pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

Lorob

Reaction score
Hello,

Several years ago I had a Grunfos Comfort brand pump installed to recirculate how water at the far end of the house. (see attached picture). Several months after it was installed it started making a very loud constant clicking noise which can be heard in several rooms of the house. I unscrewed it from the housing and could find nothing wrong with the impellers, so I simply unplugged and ... well you know I got distracted by other projects. I'd like to finally solve this. Before I start calling professionals I wanted to first educate myself as to possible causes. I do this for my own understanding and out of respect for the people I'm hiring.

Can anyone suggest possible causes or paths for troubleshooting, if only to eliminate some possibilities.

Many thanks in advance for your attention and suggestions.

RF

Attachments

• IMG_20140516_195225.jpg
    IMG_20140516_195225.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 245
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks