Grundfos SQE check valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Still Learning

Reaction score
I manage a private fishing club in Quebec on a lake with very clear spring fed water. The club is seasonal May to September with Canadian winters. I removed the integral check valve on the submersible pump I installed a number of years ago for the clubhouse system so that the line between the pump house and lake, which is only around 10' of vertical difference, can drain down to lake level for the winter to protect the above water line piping. I'm now installing a Grundfos SQE in the lake for a member who built a new camp but I'm unfamiliar with Grundfos. Does it have an integral check valve built in and, if so, can it be easily removed. Thanks.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Yes it does and no it is not easy. You can drill a hole in the poppet. Or just use a bleeder orifice above the pump. That way your check still works when you need it to. When you get tired of the problems with the controller on that SQE, we can replace the CU301 box with a dependable pressure switch and use a CSV to get you the same constant pressure control.

Still Learning

Reaction score
Yes it does and no it is not easy. You can drill a hole in the poppet. Or just use a bleeder orifice above the pump. That way your check still works when you need it to. When you get tired of the problems with the controller on that SQE, we can replace the CU301 box with a dependable pressure switch and use a CSV to get you the same constant pressure control.
Thanks Valveman, I like the idea of a bleeder valve. Will go that route.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks