grrrr leaking price pfister kitchen faucet

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by aislinnluv, Oct 2, 2008.

1. aislinnluv

aislinnluv New Member

this is the <i>replacement</i> price pfister kitchen faucet, replacing another one that leaked. it isn't always leaking - perhaps it has to do with the changes in water pressure throughout the day? but whatever the cause, it's maddening! is there a way to make it stop, short of replacing it? :mad:
  2. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

How about a water pressure measurement?
    Use a gauge that goes on a hose bibb with a lazy hand indicator that shows the highest reading achieved.
    Many hardware stores and home centers have them.
    Post back with the high reading taken over a 24 hour period.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

faucet

It would be an unusual situation for high water pressure to make a faucet leak. Whatever you tried to show does not come through. What model faucet, and where does it leak?
  4. Mort

Mort New Member

Call Price Pfister with your make and model number and describe the problem. They'll either send you replacement parts or a whole new unit. A cartridge replacement didn't solve a leaking problem I had with one of their faucets and they sent me a whole new unit at no charge. Four years later....another new cartridge again at no charge. Pretty painless people to deal with.

Mort
  5. Southern Man

Southern Man DIY Hillbilly

One word to solve the problem: Delta.