GroheDal in-wall toilet carrier install problems

Users who are viewing this thread

wharf

Reaction score
Hi, I have been reading these posts for years, but now I need HELP!
I have read all posts related to in-wall carriers and Duravit products.
I have tried to contact Grohe. I have looked online for days. Has anyone installed one of these??

I have 3 questions:

1. Can I make a 90 degree turn ABOVE the floor with a GroheDal and Duravit Stark 3 bowl?

2. How do I "fix" the water shut-off inside the tank? I am very unclear about the water supply hook-up as the install instructions are in pictures and that part is NOT included.

3. I own 2 and am still need a third. 2 can go straight down through the floor, one needs to make a 90degree turn *backwards* before going down. If GroheDal cannot, then I need to find another carrier/bowl. If so, any suggestions?

Thank You very much in advance!

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
wharf said:
... make a 90 degree turn ABOVE the floor with a GroheDal ...
Yes.

Twist it, pivot it.

What are you going to do about venting? Before it turns down to go through the floor.

Post a picture of the back of the carrier. Post a link to the PDF file on the web. Call whoever sold them to you and get the 1-800-tech-supprt phone number for these carriers.

Have you read my posts about wall-hung toilets? The Geberit "OEM white label" carrier takes the same bowls. I hung a Duravit on it. In case you wanted to know.

David

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
I don't think you have enough room to go backwards unless you are going into another room. The center dimension of the pipe going down from the carrier is 3 1/2" and the total depth of the wall is 5 1/2" so you only 2" to play with not much to cennect a elbow inside the wall.
The water shut-off valve is a 3/8" fine thread x 1/2" male ips valve, the 3/8" side is connected by a small hose to the fill valve and the 1/2" side is connected to the water supply, everything can be accesed from the front.
Geberit's carrier has the same connection at the bottom.
if you want to e-mail Duravit you can try Kyle.Seaton@usa.duravit.com or you can call them at 1-888-387-2848.
If you need parts or installation instructions they can e-mail you.

wharf

Reaction score
Great Info!

Peanut; we do have room backwards because we had to build out 3 inches into the room with the 2x6 because of an obstruction.

David; I will search out the posts again now; I must have read it since I read all posts. I chose the GroheDal because I liked the plate better ("Surf"). I am not springing for the dual-flush plate, at this time. Which Duravit model bowls have you seen? I have Stark3 which has an ungenerous seat; that is, the rim is very narrow. I want to order another for the kid's bath that may have a smaller opening (so they don't fall through!), though of course, same size outside dimension.

I cannot get pdf's tech specs for the darling SEAT online (nor any Duravit seat..), but am considering it as the seat looks more like standard US.

I will call that contact at Duravit, either way.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks