Grohe volume control... plastic linkage tube

Users who are viewing this thread

David Meiland

General Contractor
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Wonder if many of you out there have had problems with this setup. Last year built a house with two showers, both have Talia level handles and 29 273 rough-in valves. There are a couple of plastic parts that link the valve to the lever, the problem part being the inner one, which is a black plastic tube with ribs on the outside, and on the inside of one end. So far we have replaced one due to stripping and the other is developing some play. My plumber installed these but I did the replacement on the first one and it appears that he installed the parts correctly. I checked the other and it's the same, appears to be correct. It is beyond me why Grohe can't furnish metal parts for these valves. Anyone else had problems with these?

EuroPlumber

In the Trades
Reaction score
Simply, the valve requires more effort than the material can bear. Retooling can be expensive and Grohe may have decided it is in their interest to just send replacement parts when needed. Ask for several pieces so you can change them out. Also you might suggest to Grohe, that the cartridge my be turning too stiff. A new easier turning cartridge could be the fix.

Last edited:

cougfan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Europlumber is right,to much stress on the parts.Moen has the same problems on their widespread faucets.The stem could be to stiff or to much pressure when turning off the stem.These are almost a one finger type of system when turning off.

Gelo30

Plumber
Reaction score
yah, lessen the stress on the parts. Europlumber share a good advice. I haven't tried that but the way it looks that the way how your problem will be solve.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks