Grohe Shower head installation question

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by FlynHokie, Jun 25, 2009.

1. FlynHokie

FlynHokie New Member

I just installed the shower fixtures (grohe eurosmart) in our new tile shower.

The little circle trim piece that goes around the shower downspout doesn't remain flush against the tile. Should I silicon it inplace, or is there another way to keep it flush?

Thanks much.
  2. FlynHokie

FlynHokie New Member

Any suggestions out there? Thanks much :)
  3. Doherty Plumbing

Doherty Plumbing Journeyman & Gas Fitter

How much is it out? If it's just a little bit I wouldn't do anything about it and if I did I'd probably just use some clear silicone.

If you want to stick the escutcheon to the tile then use some Dapp! But use it sparingly as it's very tacky and on tiles sometimes it can be tough get get completely off.
  4. kingsotall

kingsotall Plunger/TurdPuncher

Or just take the pipe back out, bend the escutcheon tabs back down so the pipe has to force it's way in and "tape and dope" the threads and screw it back in.
  5. FlynHokie

FlynHokie New Member

It rests about 1/8" off tile, unless I hold it against tile. I never noticed tabbs. I'll look at that prior to silicon or Dapp.

thanks much y'all! Bathroom is nearly done. Toilet flange instal today, counter/sink & light install today. shower door on Tuesday, then when I get home on Friday, medicine cabinet, towell racks and toilet paper holder, and Finished! WOOT!
  6. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Many of those trim pieces come with little tabs that fit against the pipe to give a little friction that holds it in place.