Grohe questions

Users who are viewing this thread

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
I've got two service calls hanging fire, both involve Grohe shower valves, most likely the temperature apparatus.

The first one is a Grohemix that is probably frozen up with mineral deposits from lack of use. The handle is hard to turn, though I got it to move some. Two people in a house with 14 bathrooms.

The second is a Eurotemp, set up like a Grohe if it's not one. When turned on the water dribbles from all ports; shower, hand-held, and body sprays. Temp setting handle goes around and around, no change. The little red stop button is gone.

If I need to replace the guts in one or both of these little darlings, I'd like to do it once and be done with it if possible. I've installed a very few Grohe valves, but have virtually no experience in service or repair. If it aint hanging on the rack at HD, I'm lost.

I'd be grateful for any information or guidance.

Thanks.

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
Thanks for the information, Smooky. The drawing on one of the links is definitely the right device. I didn't remove the plate, but I'm gratified to see that it has built-in stops.
Got an e/m from the customer a short while ago. She says that it's working well enough after I monkeyed with it the other day and it would keep until they get up another fixit list for me. Saved by the bell, as it were.
The other one, the Eurotemp, don't know about that one.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks