Grohe Ladylux Plus

Users who are viewing this thread

Mike1

Reaction score
Hi,
I have had nothing but problems with my Grohe faucet! I have installed two hoses, and a faucet head over the last two years. The faucet is 11 years old and I would like to keep it. Recently the water flow has reduced to the point of a trickle. Sometimes when I turn it on it makes sort of a whine. Both the cold and hot have very little pressure. I have looked on the web and they mention that the faucet has a cartridge ($95) could this be my problem.... or?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mike

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I think that there are some brass screens on the inlet to the valve. It could be as simple as they are clogged up. If the cartridge doesn't leak, I don't think that it is the cartridge.

Mike1

Reaction score
Grohe

Hi,
Thanks for the help. I will call Grohe on Monday. I'm hoping it isn't the "double-ball vacuum breaker" ??? as I dread taking the faucet out because it is very close inside! I cleaned the screen on the faucet head which is almost new and it didn't help.
Anyway, thanks for your help.

Mike

Mike1

Reaction score
grohe faucet

I found it...

A gasket had deteriorated and broke apart plugging up a check valve...

Thanks so much for your accurate advice.

Mike

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks