Grohe faucet help -- British thread 'adapter'

Users who are viewing this thread

PaulW

Reaction score
As part of a DIY remodel, I'm replacing the tub faucet on a corner deck. I bought a Grohe Bauloop single handle with hand shower. The "kit" showed up with pre-installed supply lines on the volume/temp control and a 12" SS braided line to connect the water coming out of the temp/volume control to the filler spout. My setup requires a longer run than the 12" line they provided so I figured I'd just make one... 1/2" NPT fittings didn't seem to fit on the Grohe hardware, so I called Grohe. They tell me that their thread is a G-1/2. I think that means its a BSP (British Standard Pipe). QUESTION: Has anyone come across this before? Can I just force on a NPT female thread onto the Grohe BSP male thread? I don't want to ruin the rough-in.. Or should I take a chance on an adapter I saw on hudson-reed:

http://usa.hudsonreed.com/component...ale-to-1-2-bsp-female.html#contextual_wrapper

Although I don't know if this particular fitting has the BSP on the female end or the male end.... I need the adapter to have 1/2 BSP on the female end

Thanks to anyone that has some wisdom or experience for this situation.

Attachments

• IMG_6871.JPG
    IMG_6871.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 508
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks