Grohe faucet handles loose

Users who are viewing this thread

elmermaxx

Reaction score
Hi...I just replaced an existing sink with a new one and reinstalled the existing Grohe faucet. I believe the faucet is an older Geneva style with the cross handles. The problem is now the handles are wobbly.Anyone have any idea what I screwed up. I tried to remove and replace everything the same but obviously I missed something.
Thanks,
Kirk:)

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
handles

How do those handles attach? It seems that either the handle screw is loose, or the adapter they snap onto, if they are that type of handle, is loose.

elmermaxx

Reaction score
re: loose handles

How do those handles attach? It seems that either the handle screw is loose, or the adapter they snap onto, if they are that type of handle, is loose.

It's the adapter style. The screw on the handle is tight it is the adapter that is wobbly. I pulled the handles and looked at the adapters and they are splined to match the cartridge so that is why I'm confused as to why they are loose.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
adapters

About the only reason it could happen is that the adapters have the correct splines, but the bore is larger than the stem. Otherwise it would fit tightly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks