Grohe diverter valve cover screw stripped

Users who are viewing this thread

macmorgan

Reaction score
We recently completed a basement bathroom renovation. Our plumber did all the installation work but I noticed one of the two attachment screws on the shower diverted valve cover missing. Upon inspection, I found that the screw had been broken off. Having worked on all types of mechanical toys - motorcycles and cars - I've had my share of stripped and broken screws with the challange of re-tapping and/or removal of the offending piece. The Grohe diverter valve issue has me a bit miffed as my plumber assures me it's an easy fix. Unfortunately it's a 4mm stainless shank and the thought of trying to drill into it make me uneasy. Of course it my plumber's problem but I am wondering if anyone out there has suggestions. The valve is located behind a newly install surround.

Mac Morgan

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks