Grohe Body Sprays

Users who are viewing this thread

DCNatFan

Reaction score
We are in the midst of a remodel and have designed a shower system using all Grohe products. We have a standard showerhead, a handheld on a bar, and 4 body sprays.

My contractor just informed me that his plumber did not include the body sprays plumbing in his price and has informed me that it will be an additional $1,250 for installation only (I paid for the sprays myself).

The sprays will all be located on the main wall where all of the other controls will be located and they will all be run off of one control.

It seems to be an excessive amount for what does not seem to be a lot of work. He is saying 10 hours.

Am I being gouged here?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Sounds about right.

It's not like getting a free stereo install from Best Buy,
Well not free, you still have to buy the "Install Kit" that doesn't come with radio?

Winslow

Plumber
Reaction score
We are in the midst of a remodel and have designed a shower system using all Grohe products. We have a standard showerhead, a handheld on a bar, and 4 body sprays.

My contractor just informed me that his plumber did not include the body sprays plumbing in his price and has informed me that it will be an additional $1,250 for installation only (I paid for the sprays myself).

The sprays will all be located on the main wall where all of the other controls will be located and they will all be run off of one control.

It seems to be an excessive amount for what does not seem to be a lot of work. He is saying 10 hours.

Am I being gouged here?

Having the body sprays on the same wall as all the controls can actually make installation more difficult rather than easier; depending on the size of the wall and the layout. The body sprays need to be manifolded together to ensure equal volume from each head. This can be a hastle in a wall that includes the other plumbing fixtures, especially if it's a 2x4 wall.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks