grinder pump system

Users who are viewing this thread

mike2422

Reaction score
Any kind of additive I should put into system I recently bought home and I'm unfamiliar with system pump was replaced 1 year ago but last night alarm was going off reset so far no problems I have heard horror story's about grinders any help or advice appreciated thanks mike

mike2422

Reaction score
Any kind of additive I should put into system I recently bought home and I'm unfamiliar with system pump was replaced 1 year ago but last night alarm was going off reset so far no problems I have heard horror story's about grinders any help or advice appreciated thanks mike
Come one anyone know something about sewer grinder pumps

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
Depending on the situation, grinder pumps have their place. I prefer not to use them and use a solids handling pump if possible. I would not use any additives for a grinder pump. Anything can be messed up if you abuse it. I would not flush rocks, cans and wire down the toilet. If the alarm is going off it could be something simple like the floats need to be adjusted or expensive like a primary pump is not working in a duplex system. There are so many possibilities. It is hard to answer your question without more information such as are you on city sewer or a septic system or some type of alternative system. Is the pump pumping sewage or something else such as ground water? Is the system located in the basement or in the crawl space or out in the yard etc.?

mike2422

Reaction score
System is out in yard it's pumping sewer to city sewer as far as I know alarm has not WENT OFF AGAIN I GUESS I WILL SEE HOW IT GOES

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks