Great John Toilet Company

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Terry, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

A new idea in toilets.
    This could be a big idea.
    They call this the Great John
    35.25" long
    17.5" high bowl
    Secure 4 Anchorage points.
    Ceramic tested to 2000 pound loads.
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2005
  2. jdkimes

jdkimes Engineer

[​IMG]

You must have watched Leno (howie mandel) last night too.
    That's a great idea!!
    I really like the four anchor points, wonder how it mates to a standard flange?
    I'm a skinny, 6' tall guy, but would like to test-drive this 'humvee' sized toilet.
    On the other end of the spectrum, are the kiddie sized toilets in the "family-bathrooms" at the mall here.
    I wonder how it flushes?
  3. 1sickpuppy

1sickpuppy New Member

Hi Terry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Can you tell me where I can buy the Great John ? I have been looking for over two hours , I have found the seat but not the whole commode ? Thanks for any help you can tell me
  4. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

These days, if you get anywhere near the health care arena....assisted living, rehab, nursing home, etc.....the word of the day
    is "bariatric" which is a delicate word for HUMONGOUS. These facilities have to be able to accomodate 500+ pounders. They need special toilets, special commode chairs, special wheel chairs, wider hosptial beds, etc. It is a goldmine, because as soon as you attach the word bariatric, you also get to attach another zero in the price!!!!
  5. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Well that may take some doing on your part to find one in your area...

But I can say here in CT we can get them at White's Plumbing Supply in West Haven...
    White's is a very unique supply house and showroom, us plumbers in Connecticut know that when they don't have what you need you are in deep doo doo...
  6. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

FOUR anchor points, how retro? I haven't seen a two bolt/two screw toilet since the 50's. Anyone who weighs 2,000# is NOT going to be able to get up to use the toilet anyway. And if he could he would "envelop" the entire bowl.