Greasing the Grohe 47.050 cartridge for Grotherm 34.122 thermostatic shower valve

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by LewMan, Mar 5, 2011.

1. LewMan

LewMan New Member

I'm replacing the old Grohe 47.050 cartridge in my Grotherm 34.122 thermostatic shower mixer valve. A small packet of grease that came with the new cartridge says it's "Armaturenfett" grease which translated seems to mean "grease fittings". Where on the 47.050 cartridge should I put this? Just on the rubber seals, or all up and down the metal shaft of the cartridge? or somewhere else?? Should I use all of it?
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Any place you have a metal to rubber seal. Or, a plastic to metal mating surface. It may already have some on it from the factory. Without greasing the rubber seals (typically o-rings), you may have a big problem sliding it in. Not sure how much is provided, so can't say if you should use it all. As long as the parts needing it are covered, that should be enough.
  3. LewMan

LewMan New Member