Granite Vanity Tops

Users who are viewing this thread

Jdbs3

Reaction score
Renovating a bathroom and will replace the old composite vanity top with a granite counter top - 49" wide with 2 sinks. Locally, I found a lumber place that sells Wolf natural granite vanity tops. See their Palette series http://www.wolfleader.com/products/brand/palette-vanity-tops/. There cost is $962.

Lowe's also sells a natural granite vanity top made by US Marble (www.usmarble.com) - cost for the same one is $829. Big difference!

Does anyone have any input on these 2 companies? I don't mind saving $130, but don't want to get an inferior product from Lowes. The specs for the 2 are identical other than the manufacturer.

thanks

If this is the wrong sub-forum, please advice where I should submit it.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Granite is a stone. What you see in the picture may not be what comes off the delivery truck.
I like to see granite, I like to touch it before I buy it.

Before you commit, get estimates from a couple of fabricators (some of them can even negotiate). Compare.

Are you sure you want 2 sinks in a 49" wide lavatory? seems tight.

Jdbs3

Reaction score
RE: Are you sure you want 2 sinks in a 49" wide lavatory? seems tight.

Working with what I have there now. Only replacing the vanity top; reusing the existing vanity. Don't have the #'s in front of me, but end up with ~3 3/4" to the side of each bowl, and 12.5" from the side to the side center of each porcelain bowls. Both Wolf and USMarble had no problems with the size (49") and 2 sinks.

Both are natural granite; well that is what their brochures and the sales persons state. Wolf granite comes from China ( I believe). Not sure about USMarble.

I just want to avoid purchasing a lesser quality product granite (Is there such a thing?) if I go with USMarble from Lowes. As much as I'd like to see the granite, I don't believe that is doable in either case. But worth my asking .

Anyone else have an opinion on either of these manufactures?

thanks

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Plumbing code calls for 15" from center to wall. So............15 x 2 = 30 times 2 = 60
We do a silly thing called taking into account the fact that people have arms.
I guess you can stand off to one side though if there isn't a wall there.

24" was the spacing of old Seattle homes built in the 20's
I'm still trying to picture two people using both lavs at the same time and finding room on the counter for the stuff that winds up there.

taylor_tight_space.jpg

Here is a tight toilet space. The paper is above, see where he's looking?

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks