Granite Grabbers or screws to side for Dishwasher mount?

Users who are viewing this thread

Esobocinski

Reaction score
Greetings all.

I'm installing a new GE dishwasher under a quartz countertop. The countertop installers left a pair of Granite Grabbers (aluminum plate with sticky backing and a threaded hole) for attaching the dishwasher top clips to the countertop. However, this dishwasher also has an option to mount the stock clips to the sides so that they can be screwed into the side cabinets instead of the countertop.

Either method is easy for me. Which is better?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
A few years ago I installed a BOSCH dishwasher and it only had the side mounts into the wood frame of the adjoining cabinets. Just be sure that the screw is in the center of wood frame and that you go straight in and not at an angle. If you have a hard wood you may want to pre-drill a hole for the screws. The side mount is far stronger, allows the dishwasher to be flush with the frame and it keeps it in place. The old top mount was a balancing act with the front leg adjustment and where to put the top screws. A good accidental push could shift the diswasher around a bit.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Personally, I'd prefer a screw into a solid material verses an adhesive attached plate that might fail or never get a good bond.

Esobocinski

Reaction score
Now that I've done it, I see that the side screw is very easy and very solid, and actually was visually hidden because of how the dishwasher was designed. It was definitely the way to go. I always pre-drill, so that wasn't a problem.

Thanks to all.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks