Users who are viewing this thread

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
On Zurn Air Gaps,

Take a carbide bit and shave the plastic threads completely out on the lower nut.

Then take and push that nut over the threads of the top of the Air Gap, do not force it as it will damage those threads so you will have to try it a couple times till it works. This means you'll have to use that carbide till the nut travels over the threads without distortion.

Most times on granite the thread pattern is too short for the granite. Gauge it by holding the Air Gap up through the hole with at least 3/8" to 1/2" thread reveal so you can install the top. Mark the Air Gap.

Take PVC cleaner and clean the area on the setting you marked, apply glue and slide the nut to that position. Take cleaner and go around both sides of that nut, apply glue after.

Leave it to dry for 15 minutes before using.

That nut will bond to the position you set it. If you don't set that nut right and there is too much reveal of thread up top, use a spacer to lower it down.

That plastic nut bonded quite well without the fear of it coming off. Fixed my problem on dealing with Air Gaps on granite countertops from this point on as well.

Pewterpower

Reaction score
Dayum!! That looks just like mine! I think it's the exact same sink and my granite (albeit granite tiles) is almost the same, too. Looks awesome, ;)

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
RUGGED said:
He went ahead and cut a round hole through the bottom of the sink and dropped the tank to the floor of the kitchen since the new sinks were 4" deeper.

The homeowner hung that RO system back on the wall of the cabinet lower and with no space under the 3 canisters; that is going to be very difficult for him to change those filters like that. It is also going to stress those connections of all of those plastic tubes going to and fro from that unit.

I kinda wish he would of built a shelf down in his basement, sturdy enough to support the tank and mount the canisters to the wall. He'd get his much needed storage space back under the sink and would eliminate the chances of a leak with disturbing all those push-fit fittings.

Very good! That's worth an A- for you, the faucet should be turned 45 deg to the right so the handle is easier to use; and it's an F for the owner.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks