Goulds tank runs at constant pressure 22psi

Users who are viewing this thread

dave_d

Reaction score
New to wells and pressure tanks.

My Goulds v250 tank (with Dswitch pressure switch) runs at 22psi constantly. No matter how long I run faucets or how many I open at the same time, the pressure gauge reads 22. I can't even tell if it's clicking on/off. I hear nothing--no clicks, no water inside the tank... In fact, I'm not even sure that the tank is even filling properly.

Incidently, the water pressure from in the house is decent, so long as the washing machine isn't running or someone doesn't flush a toilet while you're taking a shower.

This ain't normal is it? I'm afraid the tank is not working properly and my well pump is constantly running.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. :confused:

Raucina

Reaction score
Either you have a constant pressure pump drive or the pressure gauge does not work or you have a CSV hiding in your plumbing.

If the pump is not jogging on and off you need not worry too much or too soon.

R

Rancher

dave_d said:
No matter how long I run faucets or how many I open at the same time, the pressure gauge reads 22.

raucina said:
or you have a CSV hiding in your plumbing.
As hard sell as the CSV salesmen are, I don't believe even they would stoop low enough to sell one that regulates at 22 psi.

So I suspect the pressure gauge is stuck at 22, try tapping it, if it goes up, buy a new one... oh heck just go buy a new one, clean out the tube that it fits into while you're at it.

Rancher

Speedbump

Reaction score
I agree, get a new gauge. That's the cheapest item in the string. Then see if the pump is turning on and off with water usage. If not, we don't know for sure what's going on either.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks