Gould or Grundfos?

Users who are viewing this thread

Gary3750

Reaction score
Replacing my pump shortly and would appreciate your opinion on which pump you would recommend. Both are 10gpm, 3/4 hp, 2 wire. They will be installed in deep well at 150' with a static water level of 90'. Tank is set to 60/40. Both are priced about the same.
Goulds 10LS07422 or
Grundfos 10S07-12
I think these are both good pumps, just interested if you think one is better quality or more reliable. Thanks-Gary

Speedbump

Reaction score
They are both OK. I wouldn't say either one was any better than the other. I would be looking at others who use a Franklin motor, like my Betta Flo BF-1010-122 which is all stainless.

The Grundfos uses their own motor and the Goulds uses the new motor made by ITT and Pentair. It has only been on the market for a little over a year. I won't use them.

I would be curious what pricing you are looking at. I have the Betta Flo for $467.04 and the Grundfos for $626.67. This makes me think your looking at paying close to $650 or more for both the Goulds and the Grundfos.

bob...

Last edited by a moderator:

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Goulds will have plastic impellers and their new Centri-pro motor. Grundfos will have stainless steel impellers and their own Grundfos motor. The Stainless Steel impellers are very thin and not any longer lasting than plastic. The Centri-pro motor is very new and we just don't know anything about it yet. The Grundfos motor has had several changes but, has been around long enough to know that it is fairly reliable.

You can probably find a Betta-flow, Hydor-flo or some other brand of pump that is just as good, and will cost much less than the two you are looking at. Hydro-flo uses a Sumoto motor which I have been testing and so far think they will be fine. The Betta-flo will have a Franklin motor, which may not be any better but, has been the standard in the pump industry for many years. There are a lot of pumps available that are just as good as those you are looking at. The ones you are looking at are more expensive because those companies have to maintain their corporate jets and race cars.

Gary3750

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. The two above pumps are about $530 plus $28 shipping from the on line auction site.
Speedbump- The pump you suggested seems like a very good pump also. I could not find any of the specs on it though and would like to see that. Do you have a link to them?

Speedbump

Reaction score
What kind of specs are you looking for? Pump curves, materials list or just plain what they are made of? Betta Flo has a great pump, but their Web Site has even less than mine when it comes to specs. So let me know what your looking for and I'll try to provide them.

bob...

Gary3750

Reaction score
I mainly would like to see their chart that shows the gpm from various depths and tank pressures like the other brands do. I would also like to know how many stages this pump has. Thank you

Speedbump

Reaction score
Here is the link to the flow chart. I prefer a curve.
Your interested in the BF 1010. To convert pressure to head, multiply pressure times 2.3 then add the depth to water.

The 3/4hp 10 gpm pump has 10 stages (impellers).

bob...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks