Got a new water heater and now the shower is messed up

Users who are viewing this thread

mkesk

Reaction score
I installed a new water heater yesterday, and after doing so, most of my faucets in the house were clogged with gunk. I removed the screens and cleaned them and everything seems to work now excpet for my shower. I remvoed the showerheads and checked for gunt, but they are clean. Cold water flows out fine, but when I crank up the temperature, it stays cold and the pressure drops. Are there internal screens that I can clean for gunk? I have a Kohler k-401 mixing valve in my setup.

Thanks for any help you guys have on this!

mkesk

Reaction score
thanks for the reply.

I'm at work now and am trying to figure out what I'm up against tonight! Would you happen to know if they are relatively easy to take apart and clean? Are there screens int here somewhere? I got as far as removing the outer covering and the valve looked massive and like nothing I had seen before. I didn't try taking it apart yet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks