Gorilla Clear Primaglue

Users who are viewing this thread

Reach4

Reaction score
I bought some Gorilla Clear Primaglue for a non-plumbing PVC pipe project. I wanted clear rather than purple, and this was cheaper than buying primer and glue. It is primer and glue all in one. They sell it in purple too.

It did not have the MEK smell. It was thicker than regular PVC glue, and that caused me to pick up a thicker-than-desired layer on the dauber. The pipe pressed into the fitting fine. It felt a little more viscous, and I think it took a little longer to grab. That was good for my purposes. However with the thicker load, excess squirted out, where that would not have happened with conventional. That lead me to the water cleanup thing. Seems to work to an extent. I don't know how the water cleanup thing is going to be compatible with pressure plumbing.

I tried one joint by just putting glue on the fitting and not the pipe. Did not slide in so well, and I had to apply extra force. Based on length, it seated as far as I can tell. Next time I might try using a Q-tip to apply the glue rather than the dauber on the can.

I am not offering a conclusion. Just thought I would share my impression. http://www.gorillapvc.com/

Flapper

Reaction score
How does it have virtually no odor and it's not flammable, and it can be washed away with water, when it's a PVC cement?
Interesting. Virtually no odor? That'd be nice; I hate the toxic fumes that sometimes fly in your face when the wind isn't right... sometimes you get a rich sniff of fumes when the fumes happen to be flying directly into your face.
wHIV7xo.png

Flapper

Reaction score
A little off topic but, Oatey All Weather, is the only Oatey cement without Methyl ethyl ketone... does that mean it's safer and won't have as much toxic fumes?

MichaelSK

Reaction score
Reach4, I just saw your comment about the Gorilla glue. It's all about the solvent: N-Methyl-2-pyrrolidone (NMP). Very cool stuff. Works really well on pvc trim/siding. I use it on pressure piping also when I need more time and less stink.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks