Good quality 3 handle tub/shower valve

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Ian Gills, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Ian Gills

Ian Gills Senior Robin Hood Guy

I want a good quality 3 handle tub/shower valve to keep as a souvenir piece.

Who makes one?

Chicago faucets only make a 2 handle valve now.
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

They are no longer code compliant for use in a tub/shower, so unless you can find old stock, you may not find one. It's legal to repair an old one, but not to install a new one.
  3. plumber2011

plumber2011 Expert Plumber

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  4. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

It is still legal to "repair" any shower, and that could include replacing the valve body. It would be up to the local building department to determine at what point a "repair" becomes a "remodel" requiring update to current codes.

Gerber, PP, and Sayco all still make 2 and 3 handle shower sets,
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

CaliforniaBrass(.com), shows THIRTY different ones, all much more "classy" than the pedestrian ones made by Gerber, PP, Sayco, or the other more common brands. They are also much pricier than those brands.
  6. Ian Gills

Thank you for all the useful pointers.

And, in response to a few, this has nothing to do with code. As per my OP, the faucet will not be installed.

It will just be kept as a souvenir.

I wish I could find a real top quality one like by Chicago Faucets though.
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2011
  7. Tom Sawyer

Tom Sawyer In the Trades

You collect some fairly odd things there Ian
  8. hj

quote; I wish I could find a real top quality one like by Chicago Faucets though.

That would be an interesting find, because Chicago NEVER made a 3 handle diverter, but their diverter spout, which had a 1" ips thread, weighed as much as some complete faucets.
  9. Ian Gills

They did make one.

cf.jpg
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2011
  10. hj

I never saw one before 1968, so maybe that one was after Gerberit bought them out. I haven't really used Chicago since then.