Going No-Lead

Users who are viewing this thread

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
is very expensive...we have 2 countys here that require no-lead pac joint fittings...I just picked up a 1.5" no-lead pack joint and it was $74.00 :eek:

YIKIES!!!!

Cookie

Reaction score
Yeah, but we have less brain damaged people, one can hope anyways. :D

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
really?

quote; Yeah, but we have less brain damaged people, one can hope anyways.

Yeah, right, as if we are getting smarter politicians from all the regulations they are passing. Even the schools have decided if the kids cannot pass the tests, then change the tests, because you cannot "smarten" the kids.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
CAss ....

what exactly is a no lead pac joint????

It sounds like something used to connect some drain lines

correct or not???

If it is what I think it is, how is this supposed to
ever actually affect the health of anyone???? Is the very presence of lead in the home supposed to be toxic??

in a year or so did you know that ALL delta faucets will be made of plastic??? They got to get rid of the brass becasue someone is afraid it will cause cancer....

the less brain dead people the better .....

of course,
when brain dead people are allowed to legislate and
pass laws,

then ....................

Radon Contractor and Water Treatment
Reaction score
Website
www.78radon.com
Consider it health insurance for the plumber. I had lead poisoning ... my levels are now back to normal but heavy metals and the human body don't get along very well.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
lead

I assume the "no lead" means lead free brass, not exposed lead. But you are not supposed to eat it. We used to melt and pour lead joints all day long in enclosed areas, and did it for decades without getting lead poisoning.

Cookie

Reaction score
Mark quoted:

They got to get rid of the brass becasue someone is afraid it will cause cancer....

This is a very good site:

http://www.cancersupportivecare.com/toxin.html

I would encourage everyone to read through it, since, dealing with Cancer is the hardest thing you will ever do; and some of what you will find in this site is pretty informative, and knowledge is essential in helping to live well and live long.

Nickel and Nickel compounds: found in steel, dental filings, copper and brass, permanent magnets, storage batteries, and glazes. Both are associated with several types of cancers in research on animals. Human exposures are linked with nasal cavity, lung, and possibly larynx cancers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is another link worth reading also, especially, since it is on topic here:

http://www.cancer.org/docroot/PED/content/PED_1_3X_Lead.asp?sitearea=PED

Does Lead Cause Cancer?
There is some evidence showing that lead may cause cancer, but this evidence is weak. Still, lead has been loosely linked with cancers of the lung and stomach, and more weakly linked to brain and kidney cancers.

Occupations With Exposure To Lead

Metal Workers Demolition Workers Lead Burners Firing Range Personnel Metal Grinders Foundry Workers Pipe Cutters Gas Station Worker sScrap Metal Workers Glass Blowers/Stained Glassmakers Solderers/WeldersGun Makers Battery Makers Jewelers Bridge DeleadersPainters/Pigment Makers Cable Makers/Splicers Plumbers Ceramics Workers Radiator Repair Workers Brass and Bronze Workers Smelters

Last edited:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
what exactly is a no lead pac joint????

It sounds like something used to connect some drain lines

correct or not???

If it is what I think it is, how is this supposed to
ever actually affect the health of anyone???? Is the very presence of lead in the home supposed to be toxic??

in a year or so did you know that ALL delta faucets will be made of plastic??? They got to get rid of the brass becasue someone is afraid it will cause cancer....

the less brain dead people the better .....

of course,
when brain dead people are allowed to legislate and
pass laws,

then ....................

Pac joints = mechanical compression joints for connecting underground water lines. Similar to dresser couplings.

Shacko

Master Plumber-Gas Fitter
Reaction score
No Lead

What I don't get is where were you using something that contained lead on a water line?

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Many items in the plumbing trade such as, faucets and fittings contain minute traces of lead. Some states and some counties have passed laws requiring plumbers to use fittings that are certified lead free.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
lead

California would like to revert to prehistoric times, because as far as they are concerned EVERYTHING causes cancer. And as far as tests for materials which cause cancer, most of the time they subject the "victim" to levels well beyond anything you would encounter in the real world, and then announce it is a "cause". Has anyone considered that if the researchers ever really found a cure for cancer, their multimillion dollar grants would cease, they would be out of work and have to find a real job?

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
California would like to revert to prehistoric times, because as far as they are concerned EVERYTHING causes cancer. And as far as tests for materials which cause cancer, most of the time they subject the "victim" to levels well beyond anything you would encounter in the real world, and then announce it is a "cause". Has anyone considered that if the researchers ever really found a cure for cancer, their multimillion dollar grants would cease, they would be out of work and have to find a real job?

There's a cure for it....they just can't do it. It's like the tire; they can make one last for 100,000 miles like they do on the spark plugs now..but someone has to have a job.

Of course, you can't reverse cancer once it's so entrained in the human body, but you can be fortunate and have many opportunities to stay around longer.

I see it too often where people are used as testing samples and bilked of their insurance....when they know the signs right off the bat.

How can a woman go to the doctor with bone cancer for 3 years, and find out 4 weeks that before she died that every time she breathed in that her ribs didn't only just break, but they was deteriorating in her body, piercing her lung causing extreme pain.

MONEY

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks