Glenwall Pressure Assisted Wall-Mounted Toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Phadamo

Reaction score
I need help. After about 1 yr, I am noticing a slow drip coming from the underside of the bowl (neck part) our Glenwall Pressure Assisted Wall-Mounted Toilet. There is actually a hole drilled in the underside in the glazed trapway, much like an air hole you would see in a bathroom sink. Is this hole supposed to be there and if so, can I cap or cork it off to stop the annoying slow drip?

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
toilet

It could be a casting vent from the manufacture, but if it is leaking, then there has to be a flaw elsewhere to allow water to get into it. Plugging the hole will eliminate the symptom, but the problem will still be there. Contact American Standard.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
cork

If you had diarrhea, would you put a cork in it? You should cure the problem, not cover up the symptom, even if the cure is a new toilet bowl, which A/S might supply if it is truly a defect and you contact them or a local distributor.

glenwall-picture-3.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks