Glass door installation issue

Users who are viewing this thread

mschoenn

Reaction score
Almost finished a bathroom remodel. Tile in shower is completely installed. Glass door installer came to take final measurements for the shower door and told me that he can't install the door on the tile as is because the surface of the accent tile is raised above the surface of the shower wall tile. Does that mean that I have to remove the accent tile where the door will sit against the wall and replace it with wall tile? Is this something that the tile installer should have been aware of, and if so should he have to come back and remedy at no charge? Should he have asked me if I was doing a glass door or was it my responsibility to volunteer that info?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It would be dusty, and you'd need a steady hand, but it would be possible to grind the high spots so the door track could sit flush with the wall or maybe, Depending on the material, shape, and finish, the track itself. Done carefully, you would never notice.

Not all glass doors would have this issue, so unless the specific requirement was placed prior to the tile selection and install, IMHO, it's not the tiler's fault.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks