Glacier Bay toilet from Home Depot, Consumer reviews, pics, comments

Users who are viewing this thread

masterofflushing

Reaction score
It's not holding 3 gallons of water!

You know when someone doesn't know what the hell they are talking about or has had zero experience with a Glacier Bay toilet then they ought to not THINK they know it all. First of all the tank on these toilets is never getting filled with water. Only the small tray up near the top of the tank gets filled with water and when you flush, the tray dumps it's water into the empty tank. I have never had any leaks either. How fricken hard is it to repair a tank to bowl leak anyways? It's not under any pressure! This toilet uses less than half the water and it works great unless you're some kind of retard. If this toilet is from a 3rd world country maybe we ought to look at their washing machines too unless you don't care about saving water and money. They must be laughing at us for the amount of water we waste. Ninety percent probably to water the grass outside!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I replaced this Glacier Bay N2225 flapperless toilet for a homeowner. It was awful. There is very little rinse in the bowl. After each flush, it would need cleaning. The homeowner had tried to return it, but Home Depot said, "No Way!" She overheard the clerk from the plumbing isle telling the "return" clerk that it was a cheap toilet for those that couldn't spend more. It was not a warm fuzzy feeling finding out your purchase wasn't really intended to please, but just filled a hole.
She first told me that the seat screws would not stay tight, and I thought she was kidding. But she wasn't. They won't stay tight. I shot some video of the bowl rinse that I will post in a few days. Pathetic.

glacierbay_n2225_1.jpg

glacierbay_n2225_2.jpg

glacierbay_n2225_3.jpg

glacierbay_n2225_4.jpg

Last edited:

Dale Loveless

Reaction score
Glacier Bay Toilet with the bucket style flush system

I would like to comment on the new design Glacier bay Toilet that has the "Dump Bucket" inside the tank, rather the old fashioned flapper that we have used for years.
Personally I am totally disappointed with the design. The part that discusts me the most is there is no swirling effect in the bowl to properly wash the solid waste down the sides of the bowl! This is a major problem, as you have feces that stays on the sides of the bowl, because there is not enough water flow down the sides of the bowl. You constantly have to re-flush or manually clean the sides of the bowl to have a presentable/rather (clean) bowl. And please keep in mind that I am a male, and not a female, so therefor my standards are not as high as say womens would be. Don't buy it...you will be disappointed with the operation of the toilet. I have plans to replace this toilet in the spring when the weather breaks,and destroy it.

The Dump Bucket performs as it was designed to do.....but there is not enough water supply to properly self-clean the bowl of feces stuck to the sides of the bowl. And there is no adjusting the water level as the "Dump Bucket"only holds so much water. The concept and idea of the "Dump-Bucket" design is ok but it is flawed. Don't buy them, you will be highly disappointed.

midwestmommaX2

Reaction score
We have one in our home (put in by previous owner) and it's horrible. Would stay away. It flushes straight down .. no swirl. Leave *stuff* in the bowl. Yuck.

Reader Review

Comments by readers
Reaction score
Emails and phone calls sent in by readers
Website
www.terrylove.com
Mr. Love; My research revealed your name in connection to Glacier Bay Toilets and seats, I'm a 70 year old/live alone in an apartment in Madison Alabama, it just so happens that my toilet appears relatively new it's a Glacier Bay elongated 1.28gpf/4.6gpf, #331-725, the seat [looks like a all in one] is very light PVC/other with slide in PVC hinges [cheap]. Yesterday I sat down and immediately [I and the seat] fell to the left going down striking my left knee and twisting my lower back and within inches of taking a blow to the head. Emergency Room evaluation suggests injury to the knee/back; I was directed to an orthopedic surgeon. My point and forgive the editorial length is that given the lack of structure and poor design, especially in a commercial/high traffic environment [I'm sure this is not a isolated case] that incidents such as this should be reported to the appropriate State/Federal/Recall Agencies; maybe such a recall has taken place?; Should you have the opportunity to review and respond; it will be appreciated; In Advance>THANK YOU.
Mike B.

attachment.php

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks