Glacier Bay lav faucet

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Terry, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Tried to install a customers Glacier Bay lav faucet today.
    The metal ring fell off the plastic drain assembly, and would not pop back on.

A trip to the store fixed that, it was exchanged for another brand that could be installed.

And that is one more reason that plumbers don't carry these on their trucks.
  2. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

Do you suppose the Chinese workers even know what the thing they make is for?

Was the faucet attached to a Glacier Bay Lav also?
  3. Terry

They also replaced the lav, and new American Standard, that looked kind of funky too.
    I like the ones I get from the plumbing supply better.

At least it's a new Moen faucet and A/S china lav.
  4. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

pop up

A new pop up from the truck would have been cheaper for them than paying you to wait while they did the exchange.
  5. Terry

I didn't have brushed nickel on the truck.
    I went and had lunch.
  6. Reader Review

Reader Review Comments by readers

I do not wish to become a member but want to pass on some information about Glacier Bay faucets.l They are a brand of Home Depot. I spent one half hour of my life trying to find their website and finally discovered this. Customer Service for them is 888-328-2383. Good luck.
  7. Scuba_Dave

Scuba_Dave Extreme DIY Homeowner

IE - they are poor quality :(