GFCI Outlet change

Users who are viewing this thread

R_2016

Reaction score
Hi, I have a whirlpool that has limted access to where the plug for the motor is. What I want to do is change the GFCI plug with a normal plug, and make the breaker GFCI. This is so if the circuit trips inadvertently, I can reset at load center. Does anyone know if this is ok? Thanks

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Gfci

Yes, but still a nuisance to reset if it happens when you are in the tub. I prefer to mount the GFCI "master", (preferably a "dead front, but otherwise a standard GFCI outlet), where it is accessible in the bathroom, and then feed the pump's outlet off the "load" side.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I've had an air tub and a heated towel bar on GFCI CB's for about 5-years now...never had a nusiance trip. Now, if it did occur, it's not catastrophic, just an annoyance, so my thought is go for it. Now, out of sight means that it doesn't get tested as often as it should, but not a huge problem.

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
Some of these huge fat GF plugs that are fed by thick cords supposedly cannot be removed.

Ford2001

Reaction score
from GFCI rec. to GFCI breaker

If the GFCI outlet is inside the tub wooden framing, and you have to remove
an access panel to get the outlet, I think installing GFCI circuit breaker
is a good idea. So long if don't mind the expense of one, $30.00 and up.

Then go for it. And don't forget to hire an electrician if your not up
to the task.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks