Getting Old

Users who are viewing this thread

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Going to be a great Christmas this year.

Shot my first turkey yesterday,

scared the crap out of everyone in the frozen food section…

It was awesome!

Gettin' old is so much fun....

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Going to be a great Christmas this year.

Shot my first turkey yesterday,

scared the crap out of everyone in the frozen food section

It was awesome!

Gettin' old is so much fun....

LOL,

You crack me up BobL

Cookie

Reaction score
I already thought we were old. :) I mean, like, maybe you are old when you cat is 24 years old and your kids are almost 30. lol.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I already thought we were old. :) I mean, like, maybe you are old when you cat is 24 years old and your kids are almost 30. lol.
I have a 46 year old kid. I feel old only when I try to do something a 30 something should do.

Cookie

Reaction score
What do you get a cat who has everything and is 24 years old?

My cat, Bob, is turning 24 this week, and I am sending out invites to his party. We are having a tuna cake, and tuna surprise, but, I am stumped what to suggest for presents on his gift list. I wish I could register him at Petco.

I was thinking along the lines of mice, a new box, but, he already has those.

Any suggestions? :)
I will post pics of the festivities later.

Cookie

Reaction score
Well, since I didn't get any suggestions here, the cat and I had a long talk. He wants a new set of winter tires, a new lounge chair, new patio furniture for spring coming, this is for starters. He is a very smart cat. :)

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
What do you get a cat who has everything and is 24 years old?

My cat, Bob, is turning 24 this week, and I am sending out invites to his party. We are having a tuna cake, and tuna surprise, but, I am stumped what to suggest for presents on his gift list. I wish I could register him at Petco.

I was thinking along the lines of mice, a new box, but, he already has those.

Any suggestions? :)
I will post pics of the festivities later.

How about some teeth?

Cookie

Reaction score
He said, glasses too. Teeth and glasses work, lol.

along, with a 42 inch tv so he can see the cat commercials.

but, he has Thomas, the younger cat, he is, his seeing-eye cat.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
We just shared some of his Isaly's chipped ham. The people behind the counter at the deli wondered why one day I only buy a quarter pound of it, and, I figured what the heck I will tell them why. It is my cat's favorite. It has to be Isaly's. I don't know if that is just a local brand or what, but, I did a test one day when bored with Bob. I bought 3 different kinds and lined them up in separate bowls. He sniffed each one and ate only... the Isaly's. He is a smart cat.

He also, likes a good olive and yogurt. Cottage cheese, too. He is big on people food. Loves ice cream and burgers.

He's a cool cat. He says one word. My son's name.

Cookie

Reaction score
He also turns on ceiling fans.

For the longest time when the boys were little I would tell them over & over to shut the ceiling fan & light off when they leave the room. They would tell me over & over, they didn't turn it on.

Then, one day, I caught him. He was standing up in the middle of the diningroom table, pulled the chain with his, (then) teeth, and clicked it on. He laid there, belly up and let the air cool him down, then, when all done, jumped down, with all evidence being blown away.

We had to measure the cat that day, then, measure the chain and shorten it, lol.

Cool cat. Literally, cool cat.

Cookie

Reaction score
It was alittle disturbing and spooky when he learned to talk.

He was just 7 weeks old when we got him and brought him home. He would sit each morning on the bedroom stairs when I called my son each morning to get up for school. I would call his name, and Bob, would make this noise... err, errr...

Then, one day, about 10 years later, my husband and I came home and was greeted at the door by our son, telling us, he was in the livingroom and heard his name being called from the diningroom...

He said, he walked out and there was Bob on the edge of the table, looking directly at him, saying his name. So, I was told I was not allowed to call him anymore for school...

Then, it started at night...

His bedroom being across from ours and I could hear, Bob, calling him... I would say to my husband, " it is coming." Next, I heard my son yelling, " MOM! COME get Bob! Cats don't talk, this is spooky!"

I would pull the covers over my head, so he couldn't hear me laughing, and then, go get BOB... and, he would always have to get that one last call in... before I got him out of his room.

Now, he will sit at his food bowl and wait for him to come in, and get him when he least expects it. lol.

Cookie

Reaction score
So, he has been a great cat all these years, he is part of the family. He rules the roost and he knows it. He was actually, my husband's cat. He loved him best. He was his buddy and when my husband past away, I thought we were going to lose Bob. He stopped eating and worse, drinking water. I couldn't get him to eat nothing, not even his precious olives he loves so much. That was scary. My girlfriend is a Vet, and we were going to put him on an IV for fluids, then, one day, I was holding my husband's wallet, and, just put it under his nose, and his eyes lit up, it said volumes. So, I put his wallet in Bob's box he sleeps in, he slept with his head on it, and then, started eating, starting drinking. He somehow knew.

So, this year, a big blowout, big party complete with party hats, the theme is tuna.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks