Getting gas line reinstalled

Users who are viewing this thread

Rafael

Reaction score
Hey Everybody,

I just learned that the tankless water heater in my home wasn't installed with a properly fitted gas line. The line is one-inch and probably travels about 50-60 feet to the closest gas appliance. In addition to the Noritz N-069, other gas appliances are a 4-burner stove and oven, washer, dryer and furnace. The heater seemed to work just fine, but a few plumbers said the line we have now doesn't deliver enough BTUs to all the appliances.

The plumbers are recommending I installed a 1-1/4-inch dedicated gas line. I really didn't want to do this, because the gas line is going to run smack dab in front of our house. Does anyone have any suggestions for things we can do to prevent this gas line from looking like an eye sore?

Also, anything else I should watch out for as I go about doing this job. So far, this water heater has been a nightmare for us. We just want to make things right.

Thanks a lot.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
It would probably be more economical to get rid of the tankless and install a standard tank heater. Unless you need an unlimited supply of hot water, a tankless is not a good choice for most.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks