Gerber Viper

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by riley, Jan 17, 2008.

1. riley

riley New Member

My plumber is pushing the Gerber Viper. I love the name, but aside from that, what does anyone know about it? Thanks
  2. SamC

SamC Member

The latest MaP report indicates that the Viper has a 2 inch flush valve and flushes 500-800 grams depending on the model. The Gerber Avalanche has a 3 inch flush valve and flushes 1000 grams.
  3. bigk

bigk New Member

I am in the market for a new toilet, and a plumber that came highly recommended to me also recommends the Gerber Viper. Haven't been able to find much info on the Vipers on this board though. Anyone have any experience with them?
  4. Jay Mpls

Jay Mpls Master plumber

I've put in quite a few and have had no call backs.I like them.
    Good luck.
  5. bigk

bigk New Member

I ended up getting a Toto Drake and a Viper. I wanted to get the Drake for both bathrooms, but one of the rooms had a 10" rough in, so the Drake was out for a number of reasons. So far, I've been impressed with the flush of the Drake but not that impressed with the Viper. Its better than the standard cheapo toilets that you see in a lot of houses, but you definitely need to still keep a plunger handy.
  6. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

TOTO now has a 10" Drake
    CST744EF.10

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  7. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

The round front Ultramax is model MS853113S 1.6 gallon or the MS853113E 1.28 gallon