Gerber toilets that are Fawn Beige

Users who are viewing this thread

icraftnqlt

Reaction score
Hi,
I have to replace an old Gerber toilet. The entire bathroom - sink, tub and tile are all Fawn Beige and are staying. I have received very mixed reports on current Gerber toilets. I was told that they are the only ones with the fawn beige color. I would like to stay with this color if possible. However, I would rather have mismatched than a toilet that is always clogged. The most recent salesman here told me to get the Gerber Viper, it is as good as the Kohler Cimmeron. The one before him told me that all of the Gerber toilets are terrible. Noise is a consideration as it is next to the bedroom. HELP!!!
Thank you.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
"As good as a Kohler Cimmeron", doesn't give me warm and fuzzy feelings. My suggestion is to look at the Toto line. There are some Beige options that may be fairly close. One of the problems when buying colored fixtures is they go out of style. Keep in mine that even if the color you find does not exactly match, the eye really doesn't notice slight differences unless they are pointed out. I have 2 Toto toilets in my home, a Drake and a Dartmouth, and we do not find there is a noise problem. Low flow toilets flush very quickly because of the small amount of water used, so there is a bit more sound than the old 5 gallon monsters we used to use where the water rose slowly and the flush was very quite, but those days are gone. I think you are worrying over nothing.

Hackney plumbing

Homeowner
Reaction score
American Standard,Briggs,Kilgore,Peerless.........called your color FAWN BEIGE.

Crane called the color ...AUTUMN BEIGE

Gerber called it .......JAMAICAN BEIGE

Mansfield called it....CLASSIC BEIGE.

The Bemis brand toilet seat color......is 068

Goodluck to you sir!

cadet-fawn-beige.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Donna Irwin

Reaction score
I am the frustrated owner of a bathroom with American Standard 'Fawn Beige' fixtures. The toilet has to be replaced. After countless hours of searching I cannot find a toilet in this colour. If you could help me I would be extremely grateful

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
The problem is, every manufacturer have their own shades, and even they will change over the years. Obvious, they are not concerned with a perfect match with other companies colors. Several years ago, I replaced an American Standard beige toilet with a Toto beige, and there is virtually no difference that can be seen with other fixtures. Now, I'm sure if the old AS was placed along side the Toto, the difference would be noticeable. However, when two items that are fairly close in color are separated by say a vanity, you will never see the difference. Many years ago I installed new kitchen cabinets in my home. The range separated two base cabinets. Well, my house had been move at one time and the kitchen floor was not level. Across the 30" span of the range, one side was a full 1" lower that the other side. It was like this for years before I remodeled again and replaced the floor. No one ever noticed, and although both my wife and I knew of the difference, we became so accustomed to it, we quit noticing it. I be willing to bet you would be so happy with a Toto toilet a minor difference in shade would very quickly become your own little secret.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks