Gerber Maxwell ADA height toilets? good, bad, okay?

Users who are viewing this thread

TNAndrew

Reaction score
I'm building a house and found a showroom closing out and they have the Gerber Maxwell ADA height toilets under $65. It's a bit of a drive to get them, but I'm out that way on business regularly and will just combine it with a work trip. My question is are they worth a darn? I've read a bit hear and there and my impression is that though they aren't the best they definitely aren't the worst. By the way these are not the 2 stage flush, but the older 1.6 gallon flush.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'd suggest you consider that a toilet should be thought of as a long term investment...possibly many years. Buying one just because it is cheap might not be the wisest move. Certainly you could look at this as a gamble that if it didn't work out would not be a total disaster, but that said, the Gerber brand has not had many positive comments. I'd suggest you explore the Toto line. Many models to chose from and with high quality and reasonably prices.

TNAndrew

Reaction score
Gary, I wouldn't have asked the question if I just wanted cheap...I'd have just bought cheap. Reading posts here and elsewhere it seems as if the Gerber line has some decent models and some dogs (the two stage flush unit for instance). I've really not found many negative comments on the run of the mill Maxwell's, so I'm looking for input specifically on them.

TNAndrew

Reaction score
Terry, I am not a plumbing guy and have no idea what "600 grams on MaP testing" means. Can you help me out in non-plumber's language?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks