Gerber flapper problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Khayes

Reaction score
We have a Gerber in our half-bath....around 10 years old. Lately the flapper has been sticking in the open position requiring the handle-jiggle move to re-seat. I could not figure out how to repair this, so I took some pliers and broke off the little ears holding the flapper. I removed the flapper and coated the flapper axles (correct term??) with Vaseline, reinstalled the flapper and all works well now. Anyone else have experience with this, is there something else I could have done? Will the Vaseline last for any length of time? It seems that the ears I broke off served no real purpose - there's no way the flapper can slip off on its own.

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
flapprt

Get a new Korkey flapper.

Ten years old, the rubber deteriorates stretches and warps.

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
Korkeys

2%20Korky%27s.jpg

You can get them at the big box stores and most hardwares have them .

Buy the red Korkey. Take out most of the chain slack when hooking to the handle.......

http://www.korky.com/korkyReplace.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks