Geospring GEH50DFEJSR water heater - No condensate & excessive humidity?

Users who are viewing this thread

Temp945

Reaction score
Hello all,

I just had a Geospring hybrid water heater installed (GEH50DFEJSR). I have only had it installed 3 days. It is installed in an unconditioned utility room (approx. 12 x 10 x 9). I am located in Florida. I have it on heat pump mode.

I have 2 main questions:
1) How much condensate should the Geospring produce?
2) How long should the fan run after the compressor stops?

I am not seeing *any* condensate coming out of the condensate line, even after the unit runs for over 2 hours. I can confirm that this is not due to blockage by running the unit with the line detached. There is no water exiting the condensate line hookup. I've also confirmed that the unit is level.

As a test today, I monitored the temperature and humidity when the Geospring heat pump kicked on:

0 min: 76.3F / 49%
30 min: 74.3F / 44%
60 min: 73.3F / 44%
90 min: 72.0F / 44%
120 min: 70.7F / 44%
150 min: 71.0F / 44% ---> Compressor turned off here but fan continued to run
180 min: 72.0F / 58% ---> Fan continues to run for another 1 hour or so (no compressor)

During this process, the unit did not produce even a drop of water from the condensate line.

It seems to me that the unit is not extracting condensed water to the line. Then, when the compressor stops running (and the fan continues to run for a very long time), all of the condensate on the coils is evaporated/blown back into the room.

Is this actually normal behavior, or am I correct that the unit should be extracting moisture from the air and exiting it via the condensate line?

Please post your experience with the Geospring's fan and condensate line. Thanks for your advice!

Curlysir

Reaction score
Did you ever get an answer to this question, I just purchased the same model and noticed the same thing. The fan continues to run after the compressor shuts off. I have only had it one day so I haven't had a chance to time how long it runs.

Mine however does produce a lot of condensate.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks