General Ionics model 1240 not regenerating on it's own but can do it manually, help!

Users who are viewing this thread

ras165

Reaction score
Have had this system for about 10 years now. For the last year we have had problems with the system not wanting to regenerate on its own. Thought we had it fixed a few weeks ago but then the system was eating salt way too fast, about four times the normal amount. Had the service guy come out again and he did an adjustment to the useage, I think, but now we are back to it not regenerating when it clearly needs to. The water is very high in iron content so we can tell when it's not working by leaving a cup of water out for a couple of hours and it turns orange. We have had the service guy out at least 5 times, had a new timer put in, cleaned out all the lines and valves, etc. Any ideas of what is going on? What should the useage be set at for a family of 5? Can I adjust this myself so I don't have to keep calling the service guy in? Please help, Thanks!!!

Melissa

ras165

Reaction score
It looks similar but not exact. It is a model 1240b which I believe is a 40,000 grain unit. The picture is probably of a newer version of the same model. Same size unit and brine tank.

Last edited:

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Do you have a photo of the unit?

If it is a metered unit and not going into a reg on its own then the meter cable is not working or the meter is not working right.

If it is not a metered unit then the day pins are all in not sending it into a reg when needed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks