Gas WH, Vacation, A, B, C lit, powervent running, no flame

Users who are viewing this thread

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Ran out of hot water in the shower last night. Found it odd but blamed the wife for over-filling her soaker tub. I checked the flue and it was hot to the touch.

Came home this evening to the sound of the powervent and the gas valve lit up like a Christmas tree. Rental tank installed in '09. They are sending a tech out in the morning.

No soaker tub for the wife tonight.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
The wife tells me the repair guy showed up without the part he needed. The repair manual says those lights indicate ECO activated, replace gas valve. I hope he shows up with the part soon.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Problem fixed again with a new gas valve. It's a good thing this is a rental tank and that I don't have to pay for the service calls.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
It's a good thing this is a rental tank and that I don't have to pay for the service calls.

Had to get the service guy back out. My guess is when he replaced the gas valve the second time, that he popped the TPR. I had noticed a small puddle but then forgot all about it. The wife noticed that some minerals were crusting on the base of the tube so she called them.

It's a good thing this is a rental tank and that I don't have to pay for the service calls! I'm way ahead of the game at this point. The installer said the rental company stopped using this brand. Gee, I wonder why?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks