Gas valve is too big(3/4) for 1/2in flex hose. How do I reduce it?

Users who are viewing this thread

wang168

Reaction score
Hi. The gas shut off valve installed for the stove is 3/4in (double female end type). my new stove uses the 1/2 flex hose (from Home depot) rated 60,000 btu, which is correct rating for my stove. How do I reduce it down? Do I reduce down at the main pipe and install a new valve or do I reduce it right before the gas connector? The guy at HD told me to use a reducer coupling on the 3/4 valve then connect the flex hose.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
You should have a gas shut off valve where the supply pipe stops. Use 3/4" IPS x 5/8" OD Flare gas shut off valve. Then use 5/8" flex connector. I've never used 1/2" flex connector for a range/stove.

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hi. The gas shut off valve installed for the stove is 3/4in (double female end type). my new stove uses the 1/2 flex hose (from Home depot) rated 60,000 btu, which is correct rating for my stove. How do I reduce it down? Do I reduce down at the main pipe and install a new valve or do I reduce it right before the gas connector? The guy at HD told me to use a reducer coupling on the 3/4 valve then connect the flex hose.
yes.... but if u do no bushings or and close nipples

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks