Gas - The Quiet Killer

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Redwood, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Two Dead of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
    Nick Caito | Fox 61

March 1, 2009

Two people have been found dead inside a home on South Road in Farmington, apparent victims of carbon monoxide poisoning.

They were discovered around 3pm Sunday afternoon at 314 South Road. Levels of carbon monoxide, a colorless, odorless gas, were so high that responders were not able to immediately enter.

No other victims were found inside the house. Farmington Police and Fire units are investigating the source of the carbon monoxide. No other homes in the area had to be evacuated.
    http://www.fox61.com/pages/landing_...onoxide-Poisoning=1&blockID=227401&feedID=341
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

gas

CO gas is a quiet killer. Propane and natural gas also kill, but they are usually very noisy while doing it.
  3. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

Let us not forget that house that blew up in Manchester last week. Made me laugh as the fire department had to take a week to figure out why the house blew up. Unless someone is running a meth lab, when a house blows up 9 out of 10 times it's gas.
  4. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Just one of many good reasons why pro's only should work on gas appliances and when they are malfunctioning repair should be immediate.
  5. Scuba_Dave

Scuba_Dave Extreme DIY Homeowner

I installed CO's as required on each floor
    Funny the law passed in 2006 (I think) requiring this here, but I never knew about it
    I also went down to the MIL's house & installed them there

We have had 3 houses in MA blow up recently due to gas leaks
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  6. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber