Gas Line Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Alvin Flynt

Reaction score
This seems to be working fine with no leaks or problems but just wondering if the use of these methods/materials are kosher. Ran new Nat Gas line to BBQ. Pipes run under 6' tall deck and are attached to underside of deck. at the start i have flexible appliance gas line running from a iron pipe gas stub-out from basement (there since house was built) That flex line goes to a 12' black pipe which has my regulator attached to the end about 3 ft from where I want it to come out on the deck. The regulator has another flexible appliance gas line going to the BBQ on the deck. Used black pipe rather than buying all flex CSST for the whole run as it was not available. I have seen no posts or any discussion on using combinations of flex appliance pipe and black pipe this way. Just wondering. Many thanks to whomever may respond.

Reaction score
Black pipe indoors, galvanized pipe outdoors is legal where I live. Is that black pipe running under your deck (outdoors) legal in GA?

Alvin Flynt

Reaction score
As far as I know it is but I really don't know.
I know I have seen it outside perhaps painted

Reaction score
In NY the code allows the use of proper flex (length and type) from a pipe run to an appliance that's indoors AFAIK. I can only tell you what I'd do. Remove the flex from the start of the run and the black pipe and connect from the stub-out w/ galvanized out to the BBQ. HTH

Asktom

Reaction score
It sounds like you are going from hard pipe to appliance flex then back to hard pipe. That isn't right. It needs to be hard pipe all the way with a valve at the end and then a flex to the BBQ.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks