Gas line for fire pit

Users who are viewing this thread

OC plumber

Reaction score
Hi guys , a little background on me I am a 15year tile stone and bathroom remodel guy ,after the crash in 08 I told myself I needed a job that was a needed not wanted( remodel being a luxury & plumbing being a necessity)
So I quit my company, started working for companies trying to round myself out
1 year apprentice at a residential service and repair
1 year working for a Repipe company
3 months for a sewer contractor ( street dig ups , pipe burst, liners ect
1 year new construction tract work ( rough & top out
And now a local service and repair company where I am taking my own calls ( I still want to go work for a few other companies as well as a commercial service & repair company)
Anyways
I was on a job today and these guys had me use these sleeve risers that were rubber coated tract pipe type ,had this compression ring and allowed the pe pipe to connect at the top rather than below soil cool idea and flexible so you could rise it any hight
Now they did some hinky stuff to get it from the shutoff valve to the pit surface mount on top of slab and guys will mudset flagstone on top
But I gotta do what they say I was shocked when I heard that
My question is as long as your 12-18" below grade and sleeved and vented for under slab can you cut the steel riser tube and re thread it to get the hight you want?
The rigid ones were a 24" riser

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks