Gas line, can I run it through cabinets?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by canton, Oct 17, 2005.

1. canton

canton Plumber

I'm in Massachusetts and someone I know wants to move there stove to opposite side of the kitchen. The problem is they're on the 3rd floor of a condo complex. So it would be a real pain to run up from the basement on the other side and through the two bottom apt. walls without it costing a mini fortune. The alternative is under the floor or through the cabinets which are right beside the gas line. Is this allowed, it would be through the bottom cabinets , under the sink and out the side of the opposite wall cabinet.
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Gas

it is okay as long as you use the proper materials, not a bunch of appliance flexible lines coupled together.