Gas connections for stacked dryer

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Mad Plumber, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Mad Plumber

Mad Plumber Mad Skills

The installer needs at least six feet for the flex connector on the stacking gas dryer.
    Can I use two 48" flexes and connect them together?
    I find anything longer than 48"
    B Lewis
  2. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

No, but you can get a 6' piece of csst and the fittings thouth without a license no one will sell it to you.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Csst

No, but you can get a 6' piece of csst and the fittings thouth without a license no one will sell it to you.

Please read your CSST manufacturer's manual. It states that CSST CANNOT be used as an appliance connector.
  4. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

No, but it can be used to extend the existing pipe and then a short appliance connector can be attached to it. sorry for not being specific enough.
  5. kingsotall

kingsotall Plunger/TurdPuncher

I've seen six foot flex lines. Under IRC and UPC they are allowed for ranges and dryers.
  6. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

I have seen 6 footers in the 5/8 size for ranges. I have not seen a 6 footer in the 1//4 " for dryers. You definitely cannot put two together. It would be a fairly simple matter to put an elbow ahead of the gas valve and run a pipe vertically say 4', then put the valve up there.

Naturally, that pipe would be secured to the wall in some way, and as with ALL gas work, you have to pull a permit on this.
  7. kingsotall

kingsotall Plunger/TurdPuncher

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008