Gary Slusser and your webpage to determine efficiency settings idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

ByteMe

Semi-Pure awesomeness!
Reaction score
http://www.qualitywaterassociates.com/sizing.php

That one above. And many thanks for this useful tool.

Had an idea, wouldn't it get great if you had the option to select the resin type used? Or spots to type in the characteristics of the resin.

As an example, the SST60 resin or a fine mesh resin. I realize it shouldn't change the numbers by more than 20% maximum, but since this webpage is all about more efficiency settings, seems like a good idea.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
You're welcome.

SST is very expensive compared to regular mesh resin and fine mesh is more expensive also while it has a higher pressure loss than SST or regular mesh.

None of that is good plus the supposedly higher salt efficiency claims rarely prove to be true in residential applications. So I only suggested SST (I always spoke to every customer before placing their order) only when there was high iron content because SST won't iron foul like regular or fine mesh does.

ByteMe

Semi-Pure awesomeness!
Reaction score
You're welcome.

SST is very expensive compared to regular mesh resin and fine mesh is more expensive also while it has a higher pressure loss than SST or regular mesh.

None of that is good plus the supposedly higher salt efficiency claims rarely prove to be true in residential applications. So I only suggested SST (I always spoke to every customer before placing their order) only when there was high iron content because SST won't iron foul like regular or fine mesh does.

Gary,

Thanks for your reply. I always like it when people with your wealth of experience respond, it usually saves me a ton of time from chasing bad ideas.

My thinking at the time I purchased the Vortex tank and SST60 resin was one of wanting pure quality and less future problems. Any efficiency gains were just a bonus. My understanding is that the SST60 has a lower leakage rate, less suspectable to fouling and is much more durable. I thought this would lead to a longer troublefree lifespan. If I can tweak for salt efficiency gains, then WIN!

I am at a point in life were a few hundred dollars means little, so why not go for the quality?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks