Garden Tub Moen Trim Replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

Cinci John

Reaction score
I'm wanting to replace my garden tub Moen trim. Going from chrome to oil rubbed bronze. I'm unable to tell if my existing valve system is an M-PACT system or not which is apparently what a lot of replacement trim packages require. Does anyone know if this is an M-PACT system ?

Thanks. 20170128_155344 2.jpg 20170128_155423.jpg 20170128_155449.jpg

Cinci John

Reaction score
I went ahead and ordered the replacement trim pieces and fortunately they did work. But replacing the old knobs with new handles pointed out something odd. The cold water faucet turns correctly, clock wise towards you, to turn the water on and counter clock wise to turn it off. But to my surprise the hot water handle also turns clock wise, away from you, to turn it on and counter clock wise to turn it off.

Does this mean the stem was originally put in incorrectly? Is there a 'hot water' stem and a 'cold water' stem? I don't think so but could I have done something incorrectly in replacing the handle ?

And another question. It has always been this way but the hot water flow is very weak or gentle compared to the cold water flow. Is this an adjustment I can make or an indication of a bad stem? Or something else ?

Thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks