Garden facuet protector

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Ian Gills, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Ian Gills

Ian Gills Senior Robin Hood Guy

Garden faucet protector

Help. I need some sort of protector or guard for my garden faucet which is quite low to the ground and is potentially exposed to being bumped by the mower.

Yes, it has anti-siphon :)

Is there some sort of metal guard I can put around it to prevent damage from a mower bump?

There must be such a device but I do not know the name.

Any advice would be most appreciated.
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2008
  2. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

They do make this plastic,insulated guard thing that is normally used for freeze protection, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. Might be a PITA to take on and off though. How about driving a couple steel stakes in front of it, kinda like a parking lot bumper?
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

IS that so?

I have a documented case of IDGAF disorder that makes typing, spelling and rememberings difficult.

That is usually called dyslexia, senility, dementia, or Alzeheimers, I hope the spellings are correct, that I hit the right keys, and remember to press send.
  4. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

What...? you never heeeerd of IDGAF disordor?:D
  5. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Ian,
    You need to buy a lawn tractor that has the steering on the left side!:cool:
    Then you won't run into stuff...
  6. nhmaster

nhmaster Master Plumber

Can of Orange Spray Paint.
  7. toolaholic

toolaholic General Contractor Carpenter

Big Rock ,and will add some beauty!
  8. Ian Gills

Ian Gills Senior Robin Hood Guy